NOTE: A new firmware version supercedes this one. See Volkswagen RNS 510 Firmware Upgrade to version 2660 / 2662 / 2664 / 2666 / 2668
Version 1100 Firmware for the Volkswagen RNS 510 has been released, the update upgrades the version to the B version and gives new features such as
- Bluetooth audio support
- AV output
- Faster touchscreen response
- New volume location at bottom of screen without any dimming
- Bluetooth Audio Support
- New Balance Fader
Units that can be upgraded include
- 1T0 035 680 (1T0035680) from software version 0421, 0520, 1000, 800 and 900 to version 1100.
- 1T0 035 680 A (1T0035680A) from software version 0421, 0520, 1000, 800 and 900 to version 1100.
- 1T0 035 680 B (1T0035680B) from software version 0421, 0520, 1000, 800 and 900 to version 1100.
- 7L6 035 680 (7L6035680) from software version 0522, 1002 and 1022 to version 1102.
- 7L6 035 680 A (7L6035680A) from software version 0522, 1002 and 1022 to version 1102.
- 7L6 035 680 B (7L6035680B) from software version 0522, 1002 and 1022 to version 1102.
- 1Z0 035 680A (1Z0035680A)
After the process is complete you will have a B revision unit.
Warning! When this upgrade is performed it will delete all the music and require your maps to be reloaded (last addresses and home address are retained however as are other settings). There is also a remote chance of your ‘bricking’ your unit. The process will take around 60 minutes.
- Unlock and/or open the car
- Do not start the car
- Turn the RNS 510 on and insert the firmware CD/DVD into the drive
Insert the map DVD and it will automatically start loading. If you try and eject it early you will get the following message.
Note: Setup now has to entered by coding using Vagcom\VCDS. See seperate guide for performing this.
Note: If you receive a clamp state error ‘a swl disk is detected but it is unvalid because of clamp state. please switch clamp state to hour mode and re insert disk’ this means you need to change the time format of the clock in the RNS 510 from 12 hour to 24 hour clock.