GTI, GT Brakes
(GTI/Fahrenheight/Pirelli/Edition 30 brakes are powdercoated, GT are unpainted)
- 312 mm ventilated front discs
- 286 mm solid rear discs
- 345 mm ventilated front discs
- 310 mm solid rear discs
Golf all other standard petrol and diesel not listed above.
- 280 mm ventilated front discs
- 255 mm solid rear discs
When braking in an emergency the hazard lights flash to warn traffic following behind.
This feature can be turned on and off in Vagcom/VCDS using Byte 17 Bit 0.
For the lights to flash the following parameters must be met
- Deaceleration has to be higher then 7m/s² and
- for a duration longer then 700ms or
- the ABS must be active for more then 2 seconds.
Once one or both of these requirements are met the indicator lights will flash until until the paramters are no longer met.