The Golf has a feature turned on by default in countries that have the “auto” european light switch.
The only requirements are the Central Electronics Controller (09) of type 3C0 XXX XXX XX, a RegenLichtSens (RainLightSensor) and the european light switch.
The operation of the system is
- Lights turn on at 140kph (actual speed not speedometer speed)
- Lights turn off after 10 minutes driving under 80kph (again actual speed) or 10 minutes stopped (with or without ignition turned off)
Disable Auto Headlights above 140kph
- Open the Central Electronics Controller (09)
- Click the drop down box and choose the RegenLichtSens (RainLightSensor)
- Note the software coding (00)208933 (most cars have different codings)
- Convert to Hex 3 30 25
- Remove 1 from the left hand value Hex 2 30 25
- Convert to Decimal (00)143397 and replace the old coding.
Enabling Auto Headlights above 140kph
Perform the above but instead of removing 1 from the left hand value you add 1.
- +1 = Highway Light
- +2 = Rain Light
- +4 = Rain Closing
The left hand value has the following options.
- 0 = No option
- 1 = Highway Light (1)
- 2 = Rain Light (2)
- 3 = Highway Light (1) + Rain Light (2)
- 4 = Rain Closing (4)
- 5 = Highway Light (1) + Rain Closing (4)
- 6 = Rain Light (2) + Rain Closing (4)
- 7 = Highway Light (1) + Rain Light (2) + Rain Closing (4)
Conversion can be down with the windows calculator as shown in the images (windows 10 in programmer mode)
Step 1: Enter the existing as decimal and this converts to hex, note down the hex value.
Step 2: Select hex, enter the hex value you want (in this case ALL the options) and note the decimal value.