Version 5238 firmware for the Volkswagen RNS 510 and the Skoda Columbus has been released.
Known issues with this version
- With most hardware this version has a map scale zoom issue where each time you enter the map the unit zooms out by a random amount but it can give you a whole country view and you have to zoom back in. This has also been reported from 4120.
Changes specific to this version
- None noted.
Changes in general
- Voice Control (requires microphone – see Volkswagen RNS 510 Microphone Connection for voice control)
- NEW DAB+ Support (from 5xxx)
- NEW DAB Support (from 4xxx)
- NEW Radio Text (from 4xxx)
- NEW Faster navigation and user interface
- NEW Automatic illumination control
- NEW Enhanced destination input
- NEW hold down the setup button for 30 seconds and get the following menus: FM, AM and the new VERSION INFO (map version and type, hw and sw versions)
- NEW Compass
- NEW POI- see Volkswagen RNS 510 Maps POI – New Features with firmware 3xxx
- NEW Languages – Arabic, Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Speed Limit Display
- Stability Improvements
- Faster Startup (from 2720 onwards)
- Display OPS and RVC at the same time
- SDHC 32 GB Support (HW04 and above)
- Display Off on extras tab
- Climatronic control if approriate climatronic fitted
- Clock display if RNS 510 swtiched off
- Excluded roads (under route options)
- GPS coordinates entry
- Additional adjustments for video
- Larger RVC screen with transparent menus at the side
Units that can be upgraded include (still being compiled may not be 100%)
- All D and later versions.
Warning! There is a remote chance of you ‘bricking’ the unit, this is a fraction of a percent but it could happen! The process takes around 60 minutes.
Warning! Users with cars MY07 and earlier may experience power drain issues after the upgrade. See the post “Upgrading 2nd generation radios (RCD 300, RCD 500) to 3rd generation (RCD 210, RCD 310, RNS 310, RCD 510) power drain issue” for more details.
Download Firmware Upgrade
Version Information from VERSION.TXT
-------------------------------------------- Software Loading CD for CP2 based units (c) CONTINENTAL Wetzlar CdTreeBuilder version 3.06 is used. -------------------------------------------- #CD:P 0 0 5 . 6 7 0 . 3 0 6 #DATE:2012-10-19 #Project: VWRNS #Author: RoNe #Steckbrief: C_EU_13.236_t3 C3/C4A/C5C/C6/C10/C12 #CommentStart: This is an unofficial SWL CD by josi. Use it at your own risk. #CommentEnd: #Integrationphase: Delivery cw45/12 C10/C12/C6-samples #VwSwPartNumber:1T0035680L/3T0035680G/7F0035680B #/7E0035680B/1T0035680P/1T0035680Q/3T0035680K/3T0035680L/1T0035686/1T0035686C/1T0035686D/7F0035686/7E0035686/3T0035686/3T0035686C/3T0035686D/7N5035686/2H0035680 #VwSwIndex:5238/5238/5238/5238/5238 #AppsBuild:C_EU_13.236_t3 C3/C4A/C5C/C6/C10/C12 #CRC16:103e