Version 0240 – production (from week) KW22/2011
(any MDI’s produced or fitted in the factory from week 22 2011 until week 21 2012 should have this version fitted out of the factory)
See Volkswagen Media Device Interface (MDI) Firmware Upgrades for general information on the firmware updates including restrictions, file formats and connectivity.
Firmware is for units with a software version of 0090 or greater, if firmware is unable to be updated or you have already flashed this version it will not load.
- Download the firmware from the links below.
- Extract the file using your preferred ZIP or RAR tool.
- Copy the file mdi.bin.enc in the root (top) level of a USB flash drive and insert this into the USB cable.
- Turn the headunit on or start the car and the update will proceed. If the MDI is selected the status will be displayed.
- After around 1 minute the update will complete and the USB flash drive may be removed.
Possible Error Messages during the update process
- Update with older version is not possible
- The file on the USB flash drive is older than the software version on the MDI.
- Update on the same version is not possible
- The file on the USB flash drive is the same as the software version on the MDI.
- Update file is corrupted or damaged
- Re download the file and start again
- Multiple update files found
- There are multiple update files in the root of the USB flash drive, delete the older versions and start again.
- Update was terminated
- An error has occurred in the update, start again.
USB Memory Sticks and Hard Drives
Portable Music Players
Known Characteristics of Devices