Replacing the battery in the folding remote for Volkswagen Golf, Jetta, Passat, Rabbit, GTI and others using the same remote.
- Battery required is a CR2032 lithium battery (3V with 225 mAh capacity)
(Assembly overview – battery for folding key with remote control)
1 – Key with variable code transponder
2 – Transmitter unit – upper part
3 – LED
- When remote control is operated, this LED must flash briefly.
- If LED does not flash during remote control operation, the battery is dead and must be renewed.
4 – Battery
5 – Transmitter unit – lower part
- Insert a screwdriver in slot between transmitter unit -1- and key -2-.
- Twist screwdriver in -direction of arrow- to separate transmitter unit from key.
- Press transmitter unit -1- apart using profile section of key -2-.
- Unclip battery -1- from retainers -2- with a screwdriver in direction of -arrow-.
Note: Before installing battery, always press any key once to reset the transmitter unit to recognise the new battery.
- Lay battery -1- with positive terminal downwards in sender unit -2- (positive terminal is marked on housing).
- Engage battery in transmitter unit by pressing down lightly.
- Fit cover to transmitter unit (do not damage seal).
- Then clip transmitter unit to key.