This guide is not yet complete – any information contained within has not been confirmed yet.
- 1K0 947 411 A (1K0947411A) – Door Warning Light (1 per door)
- 1J0 971 972 (1J0971972) – Connector Housing (1 per door)
- 000 979 019 (000979019) – Repair Wire for Connector Housing (1 per door – 2 connectors)
- 000 979 018 (000979018) – Repair Wire (1 required for 2 doors or 1 required per door – see below)
I’m not sure if there is a spare ground on the controller or if an existing one has to be used.
- Interior fabric adhesive tape – Fabric Adhesive Tape for wiring looms and harnesses
- Trim Removal Tools
- Selection of heat shrink tubing (3-5mm), soldering iron/blowtorch, solder
- Vagcom/VCDS to code the door (this can be done before or after the install)
Volkswagen Golf & Jetta Door Controller Information Mark V has information on the door controllers. This guide will be based on the install in my March 2008 build MY08 GTI.
Pin 14 is the 12v for the Door Warning Light for older controllers, at some stage Gen 3 controllers were used and pin 6. There are 18 pins and a 16 pin connector housing.
The rear doors are connected via LIN bus so are programmed slightly differently to the front doors by requiring an extra step in the Central Convenience Controller – 46.
Open the Central Convenience Controller – 46 and select “Coding”
Go to Byte 17 and enable Bit 0.
The second part of the programming is the same as for the front doors.
Open the door controller – In this guide Rear Right – 72 and select “coding”
Add 64 to the existing number to add on Door Exit/Warning Lights.