- Lever out caps in front of bolts -1-.
- Pull door handle -2- in -direction of arrow- and unscrew bolt -1- using socket wrench -T 10072- until housing -3- can be pulled out.
- Lever clip -2- out of door handle -1-.
- Swivel door handle -1- out of door -arrow-.
- Guide assembly tool -T 10118- into door through opening in door inner panel.
- Use a hand torch to illuminate inside of door for improved visibility.
- Hook assembly tool -T 10118- in spring -arrow A-.
- Hook spring into door lock by pulling assembly tool -T 10118–arrow B-.
The release lever is now secured.
Note: Hooking the spring into the operating lever secures the lock. This prevents incorrect attachment of the Bowden cable to the door handle later.
- Swivel door handle -1- into door.
- Pull clip -2- in the panel opening and engage clip in door handle -1–arrow-.
Note: Door handle -1- must be pressed against door panel when assembling.
Clip -2- must engage in door handle -1- with a clearly audible click.
Note: Then always check function while door is still open, as an incorrectly fitted and adjusted Bowden cable cannot open the door.
- Fit housing -3- in door handle mounting plate at right angles -arrow-.
Door handle -2- must rest only lightly against door panel.
- Now tighten bolt -1- in bearing plate using socket -T 10072-.
The door handle -2- locates in the housing -3- with a well audible click.
Note: During installation, housing must be pressed against door panel. Door handle rests only lightly against door panel.
Further installation is performed in the reverse order of removal.
- Then always check function while door is still open, as an incorrectly fitted and adjusted Bowden cable cannot open the door.